Sunday, September 19, 2010

Finally, Something Good About My House: The Location

I miss having two monitors on my computer. I feel cramped with only twenty-four inches of screen real-estate.

This is me, making do with a smaller screen.
I'm used to more physical screen, and now that I'm here, using my computer for more all at once, having only one display is actually a bit harder than if I were home in Atascadero.

The old setup: 24-inch iMac, 17-inch Acer display, 3.5-inch iPhone
Nowadays, I use my computer for TV, movies, video games, music, blogging, reading the Internet, communicating via email and instant message... you get the idea.

Actually, I'm gonna take a break from writing this. Seeing that photo with coffee cup in hand makes me crave coffee. Gonna go brew a pot.


·  ·  ■  ·  ·


Artificial break is over now. That break, by the way, never had to be there at all. I'm writing this. I could have smoothed it over and made it all continuous, but felt the break added suspense. 

Yesterday, Saturday, I was supposed to hike some canyon with a coworker. He canceled, but gave me good instructions on how to get there. I ended up not going, but instead explored a bit of the area my house is at. It turns out my stupid smelly house is right on top of Bear Creek and the Bear Creek Trail. 

Where my walk brought me into contact with the trail, there was a park. A lovely little park, of which there are so many in the Denver area. It's one of my favorite things about this land: you could crowd a ton of houses in so only a few people can enjoy the creek, or you can build a bike/pedestrian path and a bunch of parks along it so anyone can enjoy it. Pretty dang cool. 

A park. It's got a small playground, a soccer field's worth of grass, a trail, and directly on the other side is one of the majorish streets in the city. Why not have a park right here? And there are so many others very similar to it strung along the paths.
I took the path down to the river. There was a bridge with two girls and a boy playing under it. They were maybe ten years old or so, and I opted not to take a picture. That might have been creepy and weird. But I did take some other pictures while I was out there. Sadly for Jenne, none of them feature me half naked.





And, just to be clear, all these photos were taken with an iPhone 3GS. I'm enormousely pleased with them. Also, I'd never be able to have taken them without my badass iPhone tripod, which my dad helped me make. That was a fun project with a killer end product. 

I think next time I hike, though, I'll listen to music on my iPod shuffle, not my iPhone; having to turn the music off, use the camera, put the camera stuff away, and turn the music back on was a pain. And I heart my shufflepod anyway. 

I think that's it for this post. I've got a few things I need to work on, including laundry, and I feel like I'm probably using this post as a tool for procrastinating. 

I love you all individually and by name. SMOOCH!

5 comments:

  1. I love the photos. The tree bushes are neat. Parks are cool things too. It's pretty there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at how green it is at the end of summer. Dad says the iPhone holder thing project was fun. He said the designer did a good job (whatever that means).

    Thank you for having all your clothes on in the pictures! Also notice that Blaine doesn't comment on posts that show you with all your clothes on. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously. I'm gonna stop reading this stupid bog is you don't post naked pics.

    ~Jenne

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm...no new posts. Are you busy? What are you doing? What do you see? What did they say? How did you dress?

    ReplyDelete