Saturday, September 18, 2010

Alcohol in Colorado, Plus More Civilization

Wikipedia, regarding alcohol laws in Colorado:
Spirituous, vinous & malt liquor available in liquor stores and liquor-licensed drug stores only.
Liquor stores closed on Christmas Day. Sunday sales restriction lifted on July 1, 2008. Liquor stores and liquor-licensed drug stores may have only one location, while 3.2% beer may be sold in gas stations, supermarkets, and convenience stores. Appropriately licensed businesses may also sell 3.2% beer for both on and off-premise consumption. A small number of grocery stores are licensed as drug stores and sell full strength beer, wine, and spirits.
What this means in practical terms is this: it's useless to buy booze at grocery stores. It's all 3.2%, which is silly. Buying beer at a bar is ok, though. Also, buying booze at a liquor store is ok, but I have to get it purchased before midnight. 

So this evening, I went to the grocery store to pick up salsa and coffee. And I walked across the parking lot to get a small bottle of vodka. Yeah. That law is useful. 

I went out looking amazing. My iPhone's battery died, so I wasn't able to take my self portrait in the grocery store, so I had to recreate it in the privacy of my own room. 


You'll notice, Mom, that I'm not half-naked. Are my satchel, coffee, salsa, and awesome Santa Clause pants better? Cass said she fell a little out of love with me, but that's ok. She loves me a lot. It's like a genius getting drunk; he can afford to take the hit in brain cells.

Next order of business is being addressed at the request of Angel Hood:
A package?? :) blog about it? i love sending package pics to my tumblr!! :)
Anyway, when I got home from work the first time, there was a package waiting for me! Hooray for UPS! In it were some glasses (one died in transit, two survived!), an X-Acto knife, and a pen-cup to replace my Bad Religion coffee cup, which was acting as a pen-cup. But most importantly, the package contained curtains to replace my crappy curtains. Here's the crappy ones:


See my reflection in the window? I've got a shirt on in that one. Notice how my curtains are held up by a very classy string tied to two nails. 

Well, here's the upgrade:


I acknowledge it's still pretty ghetto, and maybe worse. Well, kind of. First, the curtains my wife made are an order of magnitude better. They look nicer, they're denser (which will block more light), and they were hand made with love. Only thing is, I had to cut the crappy string to get the old ones off, and couldn't get the string to go back on the nail. I ended up tying the string in a knot, looping a zip-tie through it, and attaching a set of those bongle hair ties I use to keep cables organized to it. Tuesday, I will go get a proper curtain rod and hang it. I just really didn't want to wait. There's something wonderful about having my wife's handiwork hanging, useful and pretty, in my crappy room. 

Alright, well, it's late and I'm tired of writing. I think I'll lay down and finish Die Hard 2: Die Harder. The first three Die Hard movies are available streaming on Netflix, by the way. Huzzah!

3 comments:

  1. I refuse to keep reading if you don't post naked pics.

    ~Jenne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are so cute! I have always loved it when you wear xmas pants, carry a satchel, and have salsa. Too cute.

    I love the ghetto curtain rod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, Mom, that's why I love Jenne more than you. She WANTS the naked pictures to come back. Stupid. :)

    Also, Jenne, if you log into your Gmail in Safari, then browse over here to my blog, you can log in with your Google account rather than Anonymous. If you want. Truth is, I love your comments, and I don't care HOW you do it, as long as you keep on. :)

    ReplyDelete